What’s this all about?
“Eat the View” is a campaign to plant healthy, edible landscapes in high-impact, high visibility places, whether it’s the “First Lawn” or the lawn in front of your child’s school.
Use this site to connect with others, to share your ideas for edible landscapes you’d like to see planted and the people you’d like to see grazing on them.
Thanks for joining our campaign and spreading the word about EatTheView.org. Together, we can make a difference.
Who’s behind this?
“Eat the View” is a project of Kitchen Gardeners International, a Maine-based 501c3 nonprofit network of 6500 gardeners from 100 countries who are inspiring and teaching more people to grow some of their own food.
Support this campaign
Where to begin? 3 Replies
Started by Corie Cox Ferguson in White House campaign outreach. Last reply by Karen Joyce Aug 27.
LAWNS OF PUBLIC GARDENS 1 Reply
Started by Helen Miller in Eating the View – locally. Last reply by Karen Joyce Aug 27.
Edible Parkway Gardens 1 Reply
Started by Karen Joyce in Eating the View – locally. Last reply by Karen Joyce Aug 27.
Eating the View at 1600 Penn. Avenue 6 Replies
Started by Roger in White House campaign outreach. Last reply by P.Price aka Red,White&Grew Aug 6.
- Start Discussion
- View All
Edible landscapes for all: can you dig it? Yes, you can!
The future is going to be more fresh, juicy and delicious than a lot of us realize. That’s because edible landscapes are going to be more integrated into our yards, neighborhoods, towns, and cities in the future than they have in the recent past. So, rejoice: good, clean food is on the way!
To make this happen, though, we need more people asking for and digging these landscapes. Please join our campaign.
Here are a few things you can do to help:
1) Identify a landscape near you that you think should be “edible-ized”. Residents of San Francisco are planting a Victory Garden in front of their town hall. The Governors of Maine and New York are already eating from gardens planted at their official residences. New school gardens are being dug across the country. What about your town, your local schools, and elected official’s residence?
2) Sign our “White House Food Garden Petition” which we will deliver to the President-elect this fall along with a diverse collection of heirloom seed packets.
3) Vote for the idea of a food garden on the White House lawn at the website OnDayOne.org.
4) Join this campaign and website. Use this site to share your stories of edible landscapes you’re creating, planning, or already eating.
5) Join our Facebook group
Eat the View!
or Sign In
New at “Eat the View”
- 100,000 voices for a new White House Victory Garden? Yes, we can! Sign/spread the petition! http://apps.facebook.com/causes/petitions/43 3420 days ago
- White House Garden petition drive mentioned in Associated Press story: http://tinyurl.com/dm4w6t 3420 days ago
- Signs of hope? First Lady Michelle Obama alludes to a “wonderful new garden project” in April issue of O Magazine. Details please! 3420 days ago
- ETV says “Bonjour Agence France Presse!” http://tinyurl.com/asrcv6 3424 days ago
- ETV is reading today’s New York Times. They’re singing our song! http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/dining/11lady.html 3426 days ago
Join our mailing list
© 2018 Created by Roger
Report an Issue | Feedback | Privacy | Terms of Service